[Public WebGL] Bufferdata behavior

Hi,

just found following inconsistent behavior in my (buggy) code :)

bufferData(GLenum target, ArrayBufferView data, GLenum usage)

If data is null Firefox and Chrome on Windows have the specified behavior: INVALID_VALUE.
If data is undefined, it seems that Firefox creates a zero sized buffer, while Chrome seems to just ignore that call.

I'm not sure if I missed something in the spec. For the user, it would be nice to have the same behavior as in the null case: there is very likely a bug in the call that is hard to find with the current behaviors.

  Kristian

Kristian Sons
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH, DFKI
Agenten und Simulierte Realität
Campus, Geb. D 3 2, Raum 0.77
66123 Saarbrücken, Germany

Phone: +49 681 85775-3833
Phone: +49 681 302-3833
Fax:   +49 681 85775–2235
kristian.sons@dfki.de
http://www.xml3d.org

Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff

Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313