Re: [Public WebGL] Issues while doing my last demo

On 12/08/27 12:21, Florian Bösch wrote:

Right, so EXT_color_buffer_half_float is our clear_withthemissingfeatures. There's one snag though. Out of 948 devices 3 support this extension which are the iPad2, iPad3 and iPhone 4S. darnit.
I'm surprised; it was made EXT because other companies said they would support it.

Anyway it's not particularly relevant. The point is it has the language that could be copied to WebGL's version of OES_texture_float to make it properly support floating point color buffers or used to create a new WebGL_color_buffer_float extension that could replace the egregious hack in WebGL's OES_texture_float. Such an extension would likely only be able to run on desktop.

Regards

    -Mark