Re: [Public WebGL] Issues while doing my last demo

On 12/08/27 11:41, Florian Bösch wrote:

I see. I just consulted the ES 3.0 specification and while it does include texture float in the core without an extension, the clear specification in ES 3.0 still clamps clear values to the 0-1 range. So in that regard the ES 3.0 specification is equally incomplete.

The framebuffer and texture float extensions defined for ES and none of them clarifies/defines this behavior. I think this will call for something like OES_clear_the missing features or something as an extension.
It is not incomplete. Read it carefully. The clampf type has been removed so by default no clamping is done. The spec for ClearColor says that the values are clamped for unsigned normalized fixed-point buffers.

EXT_color_buffer_float also changes the language of ClearColor to something very similar to what is in 3.0 except that unsigned is missing. This extension does indeed cover most of the changes needed to ES 2.0 language to support full float color buffers.

Regards

    -Mark