Re: [Public WebGL] Issues while doing my last demo

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Mark Callow <callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp> wrote:
This is because this group did not do a complete extension specification for rendering to floating point buffers. OES_texture_float was never intended to support such rendering so does not include necessary changes to the Open GL ES 2.0 specification. The issue was pointed out at the time the WebGL version of OES_texture_float was hacked to allow rendering to FP buffers.
I see. I just consulted the ES 3.0 specification and while it does include texture float in the core without an extension, the clear specification in ES 3.0 still clamps clear values to the 0-1 range. So in that regard the ES 3.0 specification is equally incomplete.

The framebuffer and texture float extensions defined for ES and none of them clarifies/defines this behavior. I think this will call for something like OES_clear_themissingfeatures or something as an extension.