Re: [Public WebGL] Issues with sharing resources across contexts

On 12/08/24 10:30, Florian Bösch wrote:
I think the "shared resources between canvasii" idea is superfluos. The only reason you want a second canvas is in order to display something.
I agree. In particular using multiple contexts for multiple views in a 3D modeling tool is overkill, almost certainly slower than using a single context and unnecessary. For that use case we need a way bind a context to different canvas surfaces. Of course you can also do it in a single canvas by simply changing the viewport as well as the projection matrix as you render the different views.

Regards

    -Mark