Re: [Public WebGL] Universal Shading Language Governance

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 12:23 AM, Benoit Jacob <bjacob@mozilla.com> wrote:
You are always welcome to point out any specific decision for which you believe that no appropriate public discussion, or explanation for private-ness, happened on this list.
- WebGL 2.0
There's been no discussion

- WebGL on iOS
This is up to Apple. There is no reason I can fathom that they should be forced to make their plans public. Of course I'd like to know. I'd also like to know what features will be in iPhone5 or when a Retina Display Air will ship but I don't expect Apple will share that info

- WebGL on android builtin chrome
Same as above. I'd like to know as well but even though I work at Google I don't know what the plans are

- MRT extension
No discussion has happened off the public list

- VAO extension
No discussion has happened off the public list. Thought I did see some public patches go by on the webkit project recently

- depth texture extension
No discussion has happened off the public list. This is shipping in Chrome BTW

- uint32 indices
No discussions has happened off the public list.

Those are topics which I find "unsatisfactorily" either communicated or resolved (or lack thereof). I've been in these discussions and some of the stuff was shut down as "convenience", others was announced as "nothing to announce at this time" and still others just seems to have run into sand somewhere.