Re: [Public WebGL] Universal Shading Language Governance

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:42 PM, Benoit Jacob <bjacob@mozilla.com> wrote:
But right now is a difficult time to argue for that: after the rants posted on this list and on public-fx over the past few days, it is harder than usual to argue for public mailing lists as places for getting work done.
There's no work done here in the first place, at all. Zip, zilch, nada. We have colorful exchanges and throw around ideas, but far as "work" goes, the height is if any of us proposes an extension, which happens about once or twice a year. That's not work. I don't know where you get your "work" done, but it's not here, not before any rants, not a year ago, not two years ago, and not now.

But this isn't about "getting work done", you've got your channels to do that. This is about transparency, not work. And transparency, quite frankly, is abysmal.
A look at the archives of this mailing list will show you that work does get done here.