Re: [Public WebGL] Just thought I'd pass this on

On 12/08/21 10:31, Benoit Jacob wrote:
If I had an involvement in CSS filters, I would fiercely oppose allowing multiple shading languages. If multiple shading languages are allowed,
 - either every browser will have to support every language, an unjustified maintenance burden;
 - or certain pages will work only in certain browsers, something that we normally try to prevent.
Won't the same choice arise when at some point in the future CSS filters wants to move to a new version of GLSL ES? It's very clever of MS to cite being able to change the GLSL version as the reason for their objection but it seems inevitable it will happen some day.

Regards

    -Mark