Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL Reference Pages

> I apologize but I don't have concrete examples of missing
> functionality. I can only say definitively from my experience that
> doing markup on wiki pages by hand is tedious. David Sheets' work to
> autogenerate the WebGL extension registry from XML files is a great
> example of a massive productivity improvement. I can't imagine
> maintaining the registry by hand any more. Similar productivity
> increases could surely be achieved for the creation and maintenance
> of
> WebGL reference pages by using some sort of template system rather
> than writing wiki pages for each API call by hand.

Oh, I see the concern now. I don't know.

On the one hand, we have markup language that make it easy to write documents. On the other hand we have XML which gives automation but is a pain to write by hand. The only document writing system that combines convenient markup with good large-document-structuration-and-automation features, that I know of, is LaTeX. From the looks of the OpenGL [ES] PDF spec, it seems that it's made in LaTeX, for example (maybe someone can confirm). But compared to a wiki, this will increase the barrier to entry quite a bit.

Benoit