Re: [Public WebGL] ATC compressed format undocumented (?)

Hi,

Do you actually mean ASTC, the new fancy texture compression? They
have put up some sources yesterday:
http://www.malideveloper.com/developer-resources/tools/astc-compressor.php

--mikko

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 1:11 AM, Gregg Tavares (社用) <gman@google.com> wrote:
> That's my understanding as well.
>

> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Benoit Jacob <bjacob@mozilla.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hi List,
>>
>> I was under the impression that we wanted to add support for ATC mobile
>> compressed texture formats, and that we just needed to find the right
>> formula for the number of bytes.
>>
>> But looking into the OpenGL ES extension spec, the lack of such a formula
>> is only the tip of the iceberg: the format itself is explicitly undocumented
>> and the spec says:
>>

>> http://www.khronos.org/registry/gles/extensions/AMD/AMD_compressed_ATC_texture.txt
>>
>> Quote:
>>     The details of these formats is not disclosed, so refer to AMD's
>>     Compressonator tool in order to encode your textures offline:
>>     http://ati.amd.com/developer/compressonator.html
>>
>> Is this text still up-to-date? If yes, that sounds like we won't be able
>> to support it in WebGL.
>>
>> Benoit

Mikko Mononen, Co-founder & Principal Engineer
http://tinkercad.com – Give form to your dreams