Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL Reference Pages

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Benoit Jacob <bjacob@mozilla.com> wrote:

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 6:43 PM, Benoit Jacob <bjacob@mozilla.com> wrote:

Where should we put the WebGL method "man pages"?

Is it acceptable to copy text from other Khronos resources, such as:
 - OpenGL ES man pages
 - OpenGL ES sprc
 - WebGL spec

I don't know if it is acceptable copy from the OpenGL ES spec or man pages. Honestly those pages often seem derived from OpenGL 1.0 and it would be nice, where appropriate, to just write new docs.

?
Ping about that question: I just need an answer here and then I really want to start writing a few pages.

Also, I was thinking: we could have certain concepts discussed in greated detail in separate pages, that these method-specific pages could link to.

Example: we could have a wiki page on WebGL texture completeness rules, and link to it from the texImage2D, texSubImage2D and other texture-image-upload-method pages.

I agree that would be great. I would be nice not to repeat ourselves where possible.

I did one 'detail' on that first page. activeTexture has a link to TextureState (http://www.khronos.org/webgl/wiki/TextureState)

Benoit

Benoit