Re: [Public WebGL] ATC compressed format undocumented (?)

That's my understanding as well.

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Benoit Jacob <bjacob@mozilla.com> wrote:

Hi List,

I was under the impression that we wanted to add support for ATC mobile compressed texture formats, and that we just needed to find the right formula for the number of bytes.

But looking into the OpenGL ES extension spec, the lack of such a formula is only the tip of the iceberg: the format itself is explicitly undocumented and the spec says:

http://www.khronos.org/registry/gles/extensions/AMD/AMD_compressed_ATC_texture.txt

Quote:
    The details of these formats is not disclosed, so refer to AMD's
    Compressonator tool in order to encode your textures offline:
    http://ati.amd.com/developer/compressonator.html

Is this text still up-to-date? If yes, that sounds like we won't be able to support it in WebGL.

Benoit