Re: [Public WebGL] OpenGL ES 3.0 announced

First: thanks and congratulations to the OpenGL ES working group for
this significant advancement in the graphics capabilities of mobile
devices.

Second: the plan of the WebGL WG is to advance the specification as
soon as possible to add the new functionality in ES 3.0. I am not in
favor of adding extensions to the current WebGL implementation to do
so, because it is difficult to carve off pieces of functionality and
make sure they all interoperate well. Better to incorporate everything
at once in a way that continues to allow WebGL to run on ES 2.0
devices.

-Ken