Re: [Public WebGL] Oculus Rift

I've collected some information that will help in targeting this device.

Tracking: 6 DOF
FOV: 110° diagonal, 90° horizontal
Resolution: 1280x800, 640x800 per eye. Single display, split in the middle.
Perspective: orthostereoscopic (i.e. convergence in infinity)
Projection: Unknown, something fisheye-like
Redraw frequency: 60hz, Preferred (but not supported by the dev kit) 120hz
Expected latency of input -> display: 30-40ms, preferred would be 20ms
Input device: probably some variation of a razor hydra style device (absolute spatial positioning with good accuracy, absolute rotation with a lot of variance +-10°) coupled with gyroscopes to improve rotational response.

There was a lot of talk by John Carmack/Palmer Luckey about what differs technically to traditional display technology. And a *major* factor is latency. The magic happens around 20ms delay from input -> display. The large FOV and immersion in the display makes this device very sensitive to display lag. A prime concern in supporting this in WebGL will be how we can get input -> display latency into the desired range.