Re: [Public WebGL] blacklisting NVIDIA proprietary Linux drivers older than 295.* in chrome

Is it possible user agents could offer to install driver updates automatically if WebGL is blacklisted and a newer driver is available?  This does not expose any extra information and is just a single click for non-technical users.  At least on Windows Vista and 7 apparently driver updates can be done without a reboot too.

Also, does anyone know why driver updates are not being distributed?  It seems a very large number of people have old drivers, but if they visit the AMD/nVidia/Intel website then newer ones are available.  Why aren't those updates going over automatic update systems like Windows Update?  That would help significantly with the WebGL driver problem.

Ashley Gullen
Scirra.com