Re: [Public WebGL] blacklisting NVIDIA proprietary Linux drivers older than 295.* in chrome

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:44 PM, Mo, Zhenyao <zhenyao@gmail.com> wrote:
It will be a few months before this reaches Chrome Stable.  Hopefully
the driver availability will be better then.

Older drivers have known bugs which could freeze our user's machines.
Blacklisting a driver that's working for you so far is in-convenient /
unpleasant - that's understandable.  However, it's only because you
are lucky and the bug hasn't been triggered for you so far.

We'd rather to be on the safe side.
I don't think you understand. Almost nobody has your desired driver. You'll be performing a mass linux GPU cutoff for your browser. You'll be cutting off millions of people, the vast majority of linux users from WebGL and hardware accelerated canvas2d. I understand that you don't want to crash peoples machines, but if you would be dealing with windows, you would not exclude 99% of windows users from webgl for a similar bug.