Re: [Public WebGL] WEBGL_dynamic_texture extension proposal

 On 13/07/2012 19:42, Mark Callow wrote:

Before I go ahead and change the draft I want to know if people comfortable having an extension that mirrors a non-Khronos OpenGL ES extension? As I said it
Since I heard no objections, I've just committed a highly revised draft based with the TEXTURE_EXTERNAL parts mirroring GL_NV_EGL_stream_consumer_external. You can find it at
http://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/extensions/proposals/WEBGL_dynamic_texture/
The commands for connecting sources and acquiring and releasing image frames now follow the semantics of EGLStream. I've also added a dynamicTextureSetConsumerLatencyUsec(HTMLVideoElement) method that I think is needed to help with audio synchronization.

I've been thinking about Chris's suggestion to request a frame with a particular time-stamp. Why would WebGL applications need something like that while regular Web apps manage without it? The only difference I can see is the almost certain increased latency of making the frame visible, hence the new method.

Regards

    -Mark