[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Public WebGL] Additional texture/vertex formats
I'm not sure if the following extensions are desirable (mainly a more compact form to store floating point data).
Caveats I see with these formats:
- 2_10_10_10 is not renderable (cannot be attached to an FBO) which reduces its usefulness somewhat
- we do not have half-float compatible array buffers, so the data cannot be handled in JS (other than handing it trough)
- It is unclear if half float textures can be rendertargets
- we do not have 2_10_10_10 array buffers, so the data cannot be handled in JS (other than handing it trough)
- 2_10_10_10 data formats cannot be transferred as JPEG or compressed PNG in the case of textures or as JSON in the case of vertices since it relies on non byte-aligned bit precise data, and parsing an image or JSON would invariably introduce issues with that.
Let me know what you think.