Re: [Public WebGL] webgl tests seem to require 24/32-bit canvas buffer

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Vladimir Vukicevic
<vladimir@mozilla.com> wrote:

> [...]

It's an interesting data point (that I didn't know before) that Unity
uses a 565 back buffer by default. Since Unity is used heavily in
mobile games, it indicates many developers are using a lower precision
color buffer.

Given that current mobile GPUs get a significant speed boost from this
change, and the fact that it's been a desire from the beginning for
WebGL to work well on the existing crop of ES 2.0 phones, I agree it
sounds like a good idea to provide a context creation option. Can you
indicate which conformance tests would need to be updated to support
this?