Re: [Public WebGL] Silverlight 3D

On Jul 10, 2012, at 1:02 PM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Aleksandar Rodic <aleksandar.xyz@gmail.com> wrote:
It seems like DoS is more of a trap then an attack and it can't really harm any human being. Some of the DoS arguments against WebGL sound like DoS can cause a nuclear reactor meltdown. Is that really the case? Whats the worse that can happen?
The worst that the GPU DoS does is make your entire system unresponsive. It's quite easy to acomplish on low-end systems like macbooks, which often go into complete seizure that can only be escaped by hard-shutdown. The worst that can happen? Annoying a user to no end. DoS as a user-experience sucks really badly. Some of my more enthusiastic demos are reliable macbook-killers.

Can we please not turn this forum into a flamefest for a) bashing technologies that are not WebGL, and b) bashing some company's products?

-----
~Chris Marrin
cmarrin@apple.com