Re: [Public WebGL] webgl tests seem to require 24/32-bit canvas buffer

Unity 3D (for example) defaults to < 8 bits per pixel on iOS, with the option to run at 8 bits per pixel. I've not noticed any issues with our game running like that, and neither has our artist. That's across iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad 1,2 and 3. There's some performance hit for the higher bit depths, even on expensive hardware. Personally I'd prefer a compliant WebGL implementation not to force a performance drop comapred to native OpenGL, although I can see it makes testing harder.

Jools