Re: [Public WebGL] WEBGL_dynamic_texture extension proposal

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 3:56 AM, Mark Callow <callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp> wrote:
sampler2DRect and sampler2D seem pretty darn similar to me. The only difference is the texture coordinates you feed them from the API so I wouldn't be surprised to see the "variant compiling" there.
Good point, so that's one other example where differing passed in textures lead to having to use a different sampler type in the shader. I still find that quite unwieldy and I wish that this was not necessairy given the immense difficulty of accomodating this requirement in any ordered fashion.