Re: [Public WebGL] WEBGL_dynamic_texture extension proposal

On 06/07/2012 17:12, Florian Bösch wrote:
A set-top box maker who intends to write a custom app specifically targeted at displaying video is just one of those border use-cases.
Come off it. Any application is a custom app specifically targeted at something.

I know that there are insurmountable obstacles in making this thing work without some kind of shader semantic change. I wish there wasn't. Because if there was not, you could enjoy nearly instant support by any 3rd party code out there. I would wish to be copy-less to be as popular as possible. I've run personally into problems with copying in a previous project (too slow). But I just don't see how this will be uptaken if it breaks everything.
How do/will these frameworks handle the many sampler types in other versions of GLSL? There's a different type of sampler for every texture target.

Regards

-Mark