[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Public WebGL] Web3D 2012: Call for Participation
*** CALL FOR PARTICIPATION --- Web3D 2012 ***
Web3D Conference 2012
17th International Conference on 3D Web Technology
Sponsored by ACM SIGGRAPH and in cooperation with Eurographics Association
August 4 - 5, 2012
L.A. Convention Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Mail: [email protected]
Confirmed Invited Speakers:
- Markus Gross (ETH Zurich & Disney Research Zurich, Switzerland)
- David J. Kasik (Boing, USA)
The program and the list of accepted papers and posters can be found on
The 17th ACM International Web3D Conference will address a wide range of research topics related to Web-based 3D Graphics. These topics include: representation and modeling methods, content analysis, rendering, distributed virtual environments, large-scale databases, Web-wide human-computer interaction, as well as innovative tools and applications.
On the one hand, authoring and delivering educational contents is one of the main interests of this edition of the conference. The creation of educational materials, such as interactive electronic technical manuals will be supported, as well as the approach to incorporate advanced real-time rendering features into the X3D standard, in a generic way that is independent from the specific rendering method. On the other hand, the conference will particularly focus on novel mobile AR applications, innovative 3D graphics Web applications and novel Medical and eHealth developments, aside from contents over 3D Internet.
The annual ACM Web3D Conference is a major event that gathers researchers, developers, entrepreneurs, experimenters, artists, and content creators in a dynamic environment. Attendees can share and explore methods of using, enhancing, and creating new 3D Web and Multimedia technologies, such as WebGL and HTML5, Flash 11/ Stage 3D, X3D, COLLADA, and the MPEG family. The conference highlights capabilities and trends in interactive 3D graphics across a wide range of applications and supports research from mobile devices up to high-end immersive environments.
* Modeling, processing, analysis and rendering of complex geometry, structure, and behaviors
* 3D search, shape matching and indexing
* Rendering algorithms and standardization and visualization of large data sets
* Interaction methods for online 3D content
* Interactive 3D graphics for mobile devices
* Mixed and Augmented Reality (including standardization aspects)
* Agents, animated humanoids, and complex reactive characters
* Remote rendering and streaming
* Stereo and multi-view visualization of 3D graphic interfaces
* High-performance 3D graphics for distributed environments, tele-presence, and 3D broadcasting
* Web, multimedia and standards integration and interoperation.
Accepted papers and posters will appear in the Web3D 2012 Conference Proceedings, published by ACM Press.
- Christophe Mouton, EDF, France
- Jorge Posada, Vicomtech, Spain
- Yvonne Jung, Fraunhofer IGD, Germany
- Marcio Cabral, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
You are currently subscribed to [email protected]
To unsubscribe, send an email to [email protected] with
the following command in the body of your email: