Re: [Public WebGL] WebIDL cleanup

On 5/31/12 10:42 AM, Glenn Maynard wrote:
(Boris: does this look right to you?)

It's right in that the IDL will lead to identical JS-perceived behavior.

I don't have an opinion on which is simpler.

I also don't know which is faster on the UA side; we don't have union support in our codegen yet, but once we do I could probably do an experiment and get that data. I expect it to be pretty much a wash, honestly, with the union _maybe_ requiring one extra branch, which is pretty invisible on most of the functions we're talking about. The uniform setters are the only ones where every cycle might matter.

-Boris