Re: [Public WebGL] Should texImage2D and texSubImage2D accept more element types?

On 5/30/12 3:58 PM, Kenneth Russell wrote:
In my opinion it isn't worth adding SVGImageElement support to the
WebGL spec until the SVG spec defines CORS support. Until it does,
SVGImageElements would be much less useful than HTMLImageElements for
uploading texture data to WebGL.

Well, the real criterion for usefulness is when UAs implement support for CORS in <svg:image>, not when the SVG spec adds it.

As I said, Gecko already does it.

I think that adding support for using full HTML rendering results as
textures in a safe manner that isn't susceptible to side-channel
timing attacks would be a great direction.

Also incredibly difficult to secure... ;)

-Boris