Re: [Public WebGL] Should texImage2D and texSubImage2D accept more element types?

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> Right now, they accept only HTMLImageElement, HTMLVideoElement,
> HTMLCanvasElement.
>
> I believe that they should at least accept SVGImageElement in addition to
> those, especially because the SVG WG is trying to align behavior of
> <svg:image> and <html:img>.

I have very little experience with SVG, but looking at
https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/struct.html#ImageElement (is that the
right place for the current draft), I see no support for CORS. Does
the SVG spec have the same notions of same-origin content, tainting,
etc. that HTML and Canvas do?

-Ken