Re: [Public WebGL] uniformMatrix listed with varargs in 5.14.10

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
Each of the uniformMatrix[234]fv functions has an overload taking
either Float32Array or sequence<float>. Therefore the varargs notation
is justified.

I think it's confusing, because this isn't *actually* the IDL.  They're just a shorthand saying "we have lots of functions and we're not listing them all here".  That's very different from what "..." actually means in WebIDL--none of these functions are actually variadic.

It might be better to just list out the entire unabbreviated WebIDL in the spec.  It's repetitive, but it's really just a page or so.  It's confusing that the spec has "fake" IDL with a link to the "real" IDL.

--
Glenn Maynard