Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL URI Extension Proposal

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 6:58 AM, David Sheets <kosmo.zb@gmail.com> wrote:
Acceptance/rejection of the extension is not zero-sum.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I don't think you'll get that sorted out this way. At the moment we just have to take you by your word that what you propose actually makes sense. If you can demonstrate it making sense, and if you can attract people to share your usage/semantic then maybe it's a good idea. But this isn't going to happen by arguing on the ML here. How exactly to build interoperable toolchains and what kind of annotations they require in what places should be up for the "marketplace" to decide. Maybe what you propose would in reality be usless or tedious to use, and because nobody tested the theory, nobody noticed, and we'd have a useless standard.

Things that require multiple parties and multiple concepts and multiple people to interact and co-operate in a fashion to make things easier can't be stamped out on day-zero as a standard.