Re: [Public WebGL] Restricting WebGL exposure of OES_depth_texture

Sounds good to me. Florian's static scene with offline depth is about the only reasonable use that I can come up with for this, and I can think of several hacks to work around that case off the top of my head. The reality is that most of developers want depth textures for shadow maps and post process effects and not much else. Anything that gets us to stop packing depth into RGBA!

I'll also throw my vote in for keeping the OES prefix instead of creating a new one. I can see the confused Stack Overflow posts already if there were two nearly-identical extensions...

-Brandon