Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL URI Extension Proposal

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 8:07 PM, David Sheets <kosmo.zb@gmail.com> wrote:
You are correct that this is a misrepresentation of my position. My
position is actually:
"When tools processing formal languages wish to describe and consume
source using language extensions, a standard method should be used."

The OpenGL ES WG clearly agrees with this statement by inclusion of
the #extension preprocessor directive.

I am simply advocating the expansion of #extension's namespace to the
namespace of the Web, URI.
I admit defeat. I still don't have the faintest idea what this is supposed to solve. I'm trying to find the use-case in there, and you sure sound like it's perfectly obvious, but darned if I can find it.