Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL URI Extension Proposal

Agreed - as a dev I haven't felt much pain here because tools can go a long way towards making this stuff better, very similar to the webgl-uri library written here, and as user code it's much more flexible. For example, I use a glsl compiler to minify and optimize my shaders (http://code.google.com/p/glsl-unit/wiki/UsingTheCompiler) - I'd rather have that spit out optimizable JS that enables extensions and does the checks at compile time rather than require massive strings and runtime parsing included in my shipped resources. As user code, something like GLSL Sandbox could do it at runtime, while shipped apps and games could do it much earlier or wherever it made sense.