Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL URI Extension Proposal

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 12:47 PM, David Sheets <kosmo.zb@gmail.com> wrote:
I am interested in your input on an extension I'd like to propose
called URI <http://ashima.github.com/webgl-uri/URI/>.

The URI extension embeds the WebGL extension namespace into the RFC
3986 Open Web namespace of URIs.

You're fixing a make-believe problem.  Namespacing strings with prefixes (eg. "moz" or "EXT") works just fine; both Web APIs and OpenGL have used it successfully for years.  All URLs would do is make everything uglier, without fixing any problems that actually exist.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011JulSep/1584.html

(As before, I'll only bother to respond further if it looks like a WebGL editor is actually taking this seriously, just for reasons of limited free time.)

--
Glenn Maynard