Re: [Public WebGL] another proposal to temporarily expose some device/driver information only when really needed

On 12/05/03 3:53, Ashley Gullen wrote:
I think this is a great idea and I'm desperate for something like this.  Our engine implements both a WebGL and Canvas 2D renderer, and currently the Canvas 2D renderer is never used in Chrome 18 due to Swiftshader.  I am keen to fall back to Canvas 2D instead of using Swiftshader but there is no way to do that.
Why should you expect the browser's Canvas 2D implementation to perform better than Swiftshader, either power- or speed-wise?

Regards

    -Mark