Re: [Public WebGL] Moving WebGL Khronos related stuff to GitHub

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 10:40 AM, David Sheets <kosmo.zb@gmail.com> wrote:
> If each version is moved into a separate branch, the HTTP POST agent
> on khronos.org that receives post-commit messages will need to perform
> "git pull" against the various version branches to continue serving
> individual spec and test suite versions (which I believe is necessary
> for reference purposes and link maintenance). I don't think this is a
> big deal but it will make the post-commit mechanism more complicated
> than simply "if (HTTP POST from allowed_ips[]) then git pull"
> (mirroring).

Yes, not a big deal imho to rather "git fetch" then loop all version
branches (v*) to generate the reference snapshots on khronos.org.
Otoh this would simplify the repository model for day-to-day
development and allow nice git(hub)-based diff'ing between snapshots.

Regards,