Re: [Public WebGL] Moving WebGL Khronos related stuff to GitHub

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 6:21 PM, Cedric Vivier <cvivier@mozilla.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
>> The tree we'd like to move is
>>
>> https://cvs.khronos.org/svn/repos/registry/trunk/public/webgl
>>
>> It would be great if we could test the conversion first.
>
> There is already a test repo available at https://github.com/neonux/webgl-spec.
>
> I propose the following changes to the repo for clean up and better
> match with the git model :
>
> - remove specs/r13689 and specs/r16849
> - flatten specs/latest to spec/ (singular, this has always the latest)
> and migrate specs/1.0 to spec/ in a "1.0.0" branch.
> - flatten conformance-suites/1.0.1 to conformance-suite/ (singular)
> and migrate conformance-suites/1.0.0 to conformance-suite/ in the
> "1.0.0" branch.

If each version is moved into a separate branch, the HTTP POST agent
on khronos.org that receives post-commit messages will need to perform
"git pull" against the various version branches to continue serving
individual spec and test suite versions (which I believe is necessary
for reference purposes and link maintenance). I don't think this is a
big deal but it will make the post-commit mechanism more complicated
than simply "if (HTTP POST from allowed_ips[]) then git pull"
(mirroring).