Re: [Public WebGL] Moving WebGL Khronos related stuff to GitHub

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
> The tree we'd like to move is
>
> https://cvs.khronos.org/svn/repos/registry/trunk/public/webgl
>
> It would be great if we could test the conversion first.

There is already a test repo available at https://github.com/neonux/webgl-spec.

I propose the following changes to the repo for clean up and better
match with the git model :

- remove specs/r13689 and specs/r16849
- flatten specs/latest to spec/ (singular, this has always the latest)
and migrate specs/1.0 to spec/ in a "1.0.0" branch.
- flatten conformance-suites/1.0.1 to conformance-suite/ (singular)
and migrate conformance-suites/1.0.0 to conformance-suite/ in the
"1.0.0" branch.
- remove doc/ completely (it is unused and a placeholder for redirection)
- remove sdk/demos (they are now quite outdated compared to demos on
the web and are mostly unmaintained, maybe we can have these in a
different repo webgl-demos)

The development would happen directly in spec/ and conformance-suite/
instead of spec/latest and sdk/tests.
Versioning would be managed as branches (github has nice web tools to
view a particular branch and view diffs between them)

Thoughts?

Regards,