Re: [Public WebGL] Moving WebGL Khronos related stuff to GitHub

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Gregg Tavares (勤) <gman@google.com> wrote:
> There's been movement to move the WebGL Khronos related repository from svn
> at cvs.khronos.org to git at github within a few weeks.
>
> Are there any concerns or issues anyone has with that?

This is truly wonderful news! Thank you to all internal champions of
distributed version control and easier collaboration.

I wonder if Khronos should continue to host a canonical repository
tied to GitHub via a post-commit hook?

It seems like khronos.org should continue to be the authority for the
official WebGL repository. That way, Khronos retains control of their
hosting, URLs, etc without a required dependency on an external
company. Has this been discussed internally?

I really like GitHub and I support collaboration via the site but one
of the beautiful features of DVCS is independence of domain. What
happens in a decade when GitHub gets acquired or shut-down or morphed
in some other unacceptable way?

Hooray!

David Sheets