Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL in Workers

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 11:30 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
That's basically my "Alternately" proposal quoted above, yes.  I just realized, rereading it, that it was unclear.  The idea was that you'd pass the HTMLImageElement to postMessage on the web page side and the Picture, as you call it, would hang off the message event on the worker side.

Having a separate method (with a new interface on both sides) is more consistent with structured clone, rather than having an object clone to a different object on the other side.  It would be something new--and bad, in my opinion--for cloning an object to result in a completely different object.

My goal with "Picture" is not to make it transferable (It could be or not, I don't really have an opinion). It's to be able to instantiate them inside a worker and use them with texImage2D

--
Glenn Maynard