Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL in Workers

On 5/3/12 11:59 PM, Gregg Tavares (勤) wrote:
On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 8:53 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu
<mailto:bzbarsky@mit.edu>> wrote:
    Alternately, in the interests of efficiency, we could make it
    possible to pass an HTMLImageElement to a worker and get an opaque
    thing that represents its data (actual data plus format information)
    to avoid forcing conversions to RGBA.

Another alternative, Add "Picture" which would be Image minus the
HTMLElement parts

That's basically my "Alternately" proposal quoted above, yes. I just realized, rereading it, that it was unclear. The idea was that you'd pass the HTMLImageElement to postMessage on the web page side and the Picture, as you call it, would hang off the message event on the worker side.

-Boris