Re: [Public WebGL] Asynchronous calls

On 5/3/12 11:33 PM, Glenn Maynard wrote:
I think everyone wants WebGL in workers, but nobody's really sure how to
proceed, since it's hard to get HTMLImageElement in workers...

We don't really need HTMLImageElement in workers. The only places where WebGL takes an HTMLImageElement one can pass the corresponding ImageData. We could add some sort of convenience function for getting said ImageData out of an HTMLImageElement, if desired, to avoid having to roundtrip through a 2d canvas context.

Alternately, in the interests of efficiency, we could make it possible to pass an HTMLImageElement to a worker and get an opaque thing that represents its data (actual data plus format information) to avoid forcing conversions to RGBA.

-Boris