Re: [Public WebGL] Caching shader compile assembly

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Patrick Baggett <baggett.patrick@gmail.com> wrote:
Just by the way OpenGL works on the desktop, I'm thinking the answer is going to be "not without a lot of effort". If the browser vendors used "GL_ARB_get_program_binary" and kept a separate "compiled program cache", I think it is possible.

 But the thing we haven't solved with this caching is the first-load experience :/

Yeah, but caching is a bit easier a problem to solve than "NVIDIA/AMD/Intel, stop being lazy and make better shader compilers that are faster!!!"