Re: [Public WebGL] another proposal to temporarily expose some device/driver information only when really needed

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 8:18 PM, David Sheets <kosmo.zb@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 2:40 PM, David Sheets <kosmo.zb@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I propose using URIs for capability profile predicates.
>

> Using URLs for identifiers is almost always severe overdesign.  URLs should
> only be used for real resources that can be usefully fetched with some
> protocol, not as identifiers for concepts.

That's a nice personal opinion. It's my understanding that the W3C
strongly disagrees with your view in a large number of web standards.

Sorry; I think I digressed the discussion when I asked about the URIs; I didn't understand the suggestion, though I do now.  But I think it's irrelevant to the actual core issue; we should figure out if we want to expose this information and what we want to expose, and only later bikeshed on names/URIs/whatever.   :-)

     - Vlad