Re: [Public WebGL] questions about vertexAttribPointer / getVertexAttrib offsets

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 4/27/12 6:34 PM, Kenneth Russell wrote:
>>
>> There is however no use case for negative offsets. The spec for
>> vertexAttribPointer has been updated to indicate that it generates an
>> INVALID_VALUE error if the offset is negative.
>

> That sounds fine.  The test suite needs updating accordingly: right now it
> has a test that tests that no error is generated when offset is -8000000000.

Gregg should be consulted; I agree the test needs to be changed, but
that particular test was added in order to catch a crash, so we should
make sure we aren't significantly decreasing test coverage.

I wonder whether we should backport any change to the 1.0.1
conformance suite, since this is pretty clearly a test bug (according
to desired semantics) and we don't want the 1.0.1 conformance suite to
start failing once implementations become more strict.