Re: [Public WebGL] getProgramInfoLog IDL and prose return type is inconsistent

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 7:41 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> The IDL has:
>
>    DOMString? getProgramInfoLog(WebGLProgram? program);
>
> The prose has:
>
>    DOMString getProgramInfoLog(WebGLProgram? program)
>
> I assume this should have a nullable return type so that in context-lost
> situations null can be returned?

Yes, thanks. Fixed. Also fixed getShaderInfoLog and getShaderSource.

> As a side note, it's not clear to me
> whether anything defines the behavior if the given program is null...

The implication based on the underlying ES 2.0 spec is that an
INVALID_VALUE error will be generated and null will be returned. If
you think this needs to be made more explicit on these entry points,
please post to the list.

-Ken