Re: [Public WebGL] Advanced features and the chicken/egg problem

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd like us to resolve this somehow so we can get cutting edge features, without sacrificing lowest common denominator benefits. It'd like all of us to have our cake and eat it too, and I believe it can be done.
Maybe a process to expose unratified, experimental extensions that are not guaranteed to ever make it to a ratified extensions, just to see how they work out? Something like:

var mrt = gl.getExperimentalExtension({name: 'webgl_mrt', version: '>=1.0'})