Re: [Public WebGL] Differing TypedArray#set behavior

2012/4/17 Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com>
Unfortunately, it was recently discovered that these semantics were
illegal according to Web IDL -- see
http://www.khronos.org/webgl/public-mailing-list/archives/1204/threads.html#00026
. The Web IDL spec was updated, so now if you pass in a typed array
view of a different type, it will actually match the overload taking a
JS array.

This wasn't clear to me; I read the IDL as if it said "void set(ArrayBufferView array, optional unsigned long offset)".  The "templated" IDL isn't always intuitively clear to me (and it's a little ad hoc), but I don't have any ideas off-hand to improve that.  (At least, without expanding everything, which would lose more than it would gain due to the spec bloat it would cause...)

--
Glenn Maynard