Re: [Public WebGL] Null return values from create*

On 4/13/12 7:17 PM, Glenn Maynard wrote:
I'm looking for a way to change the ad-hoc, out-of-line list to
something in the IDL, which would allow sanity checks more easily (can't
have a non-nullab/any return type without explicit context loss
handling).  It could also be useful for generating bindings, at least in
theory.

I actually considered just this morning adding annotations to Gecko's IDL to put the context-lost check in the binding... It didn't seem like an obvious win given that we have existing hand-written code to check that, but if I were writing this from scratch it might have been.

Cameron or Boris: By the way, the overall method dispatch steps in 5.14
are, I think, unique in the platform.  If either of you have time, it
could probably use a review.

I did look over it last week. The steps are black-box identical to requiring a particular sequence of steps at the beginning of each of the IDL methods, which is how it's implemented in Gecko.

-Boris