Re: [Public WebGL] Re: WebGL IDL for uniform1fv is not valid WebIDL

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 7:52 PM, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:
You're right about that btw; if an object implements an interface that supports indexed properties, then its [[GetOwnProperty]] internal method will never look at the prototype for array index properties, and you can also not create own array index properties on the object.  So I believe the optimisation that Glenn mentions is possible.  But I think the right thing here might be to make the changes to distinguishability to make this overloading valid.

It would be nice to be able to use _javascript_ arrays and typed arrays indistinguishably when calling native functions.  Rather than each API defining separate entry points, having float[] imply that Float32Array is allowed would help that, if that can be done in a way that doesn't make implementing optimized versions for typed arrays hard.

That implies implementation work for any API taking numeric arrays.  I don't know how many others exist that would be affected by that (if any).

--
Glenn Maynard