Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL Stats

On 09/04/2012 12:10, Brandon Jones wrote:
Isn't that a bit like saying that browser usage stats are biased because they only include people who have an internet connection?
No. The statistic given is a bit like claiming that, say IE, has 100% of the market based on data collected solely from IE users.

If your intention for the data is to determine wether or not WebGL is wide-spread enough for use in your app then yes, that stat is going to be biased. If you've already made the choice to use WebGL (as I would expect most people on this list have) then it provides very valuable information about the capabilities present within WebGL's install bases. That's incredibly valuable information, and should be fairly accurately represented here.

Note that I singled out "Who has WebGL". I said nothing about the other data.

Regards

    -Mark